Discover the benefits of the latest natural remedy trend, apple cider vinegar.
In addition to being a great ingredient, apple cider vinegar is also a great beauty and health product and in a new posting by Stylelist, we are learning more about its many benefits.
- Clear skin problems and stop acne. The acidity in the vinegar will dry out the blemish allowing new, healthy skin to take its place.
- Regulate the pH of your face: mix 1 part ACV with 2 parts water and use as a toner using a cotton ball and lightly blotting around t-zone (forehead, nose, and chin).
- Soothe a sunburn: add 1 cup ACV to your bath, and soak for 10 minutes
- Give your hair body and shine: after you shampoo, apply 1/2 tablespoon ACV mixed with 1 cup of water, then rinse.
- Encourage hair growth: ACV will stimulate hair follicles, and can also treat dandruff and an itchy scalp.
- Give yourself an at-home pedicure by soaking your feet in equal parts warm water and ACV. Its anti-fungal properties will keep your feet healthy, soft, and clean.
- Help with varicose veins because of its high levels of vitamins, which will work to deter and reduce the veins
- Target age spots: mix 1 tablespoon orange juice with 2 tablespoons ACV to fade age spots
- Lower cholesterol and blood pressure
- Stop heartburn
- Promote proper digestion
- Control weight by breaking down fats so that your body can use them, rather than store them
- Regulates blood sugar (key for those with Diabetes), as it will lower glucose levels in your blood
- Fights sinus infections and sore throats by breaking down mucous
Although apple cider vinegar is certainly healthy, it should never be used in excess, after all, it is an acid and acid in high amounts can be harmful to our bodies.
Consume no more than a few teaspoons per day, and do not drink it without diluting it with water or juice.